Grant Options for Every Buyer
Looking to purchase a home but need a little help with your down payment or closing costs? Depending on your income, location, occupation or ownership status, you could qualify for grant money.
Federal Home Loan Bank of Atlanta (FHLB)
The 2023 FHLB grant funds will be available starting February 21, 2023, and are provided to qualified buyers on a first-come, first-served basis.
- First-Time Homebuyers receive up to $12,500.
- Community Partners receive up to $15,000.
All programs require household income at or below 80% HUD Median Income and approved homebuyer education. Actual loan verification is subject to verification and approval of income, credit, property, appraisal and other factors. Additional requirements apply. Visit www.fhlbatl.com for more information.
North Carolina Housing Finance Agency (NCHFA)
The NCHFA offers eligible home buyers in North Carolina down payment assistance programs.
- N.C. Home Advantage with 3% and 5% Down Payment Assistance: Eligible buyers can receive down payment assistance for 3% or 5% of the loan amount.
- NC 1st Home Advantage Down Payment Assistance ($8,000): Eligible first-time buyers and military veterans can receive up to $8,000 in down payment assistance.
- Mortgage Credit Certificate: Reduces the amount of federal income tax owed each year for eligible first-time buyers.
Actual loan verification is subject to verification and approval of income, credit, property, appraisal and other factors. Additional requirements apply. Visit www.nchfa.com for more information
< Go Back